Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Flying Out Tomorrow

Ok, so I posted a photo of Mr. Lee and Kelly on Sunday, now meet the others.  
Here's Olivia Teacher with one of her classes--2nd graders.  Elly, the only girl in this class, is front and center.  That girl's going places.  Anyway, Olivia is all things feminine, pink, lovely and Hello Kitty.  She teaches with creativity and discipline--a fantastic teacher and wonderful friend.  
I told her I loved her perfume and she and Tasha teacher got it for me!
  Tasha teacher might be the kindest person I know.  She's just SO NICE!  I've watched her since she came to JC Academy and what an amazing teacher she's becoming!  She's still nice, but she knows how to "explain" what matters to teenaged boys. ;-)  
Jack teacher deals with the most difficult students in the school.  He calls his students "evil creatures from hell," but all of them joke around with and tease him too!  He's the one we rely on to fix anything that breaks, run errands, and basically be a brother to everyone here.  The Yente in me seriously wants to find him a wife, because he'd take good care of her!  It's true, Jack, you would! HehHehHeh!  
Here he is mock yelling for the camera (these are some of my best students)!
Anna is still relatively new to JC Academy, but we went together to see the 
Cherry Blossoms in the Spring.  She's an idealist, devoted, and very pretty. 
All the middle school girls (&, I'm sure, the boys do too.  They just don't tell ME) 
agree and want to look like her.
Now meet Amanda.  That's her real name.  She's from South Africa and I've no doubt the students will be thrilled with her.  Only 32 and very cute, she taught in Jinju for a year before joining us here to replace me.  She just flew in Sunday and started teaching today.  This photo does not do her justice, sorry, as I took it in my apartment at the end of Monday after she spent the day observing 
and meeting the students. Those are my suitcases.  Took her on a ridiculously long walk today, to show her favorite spots and then SHE had to teach and I took a nap.  :-(  OOPS.
She moves into this apartment after I leave tomorrow. 
Mr. Lee is taking us all out for bulgogi in a little bit, so I need to get going.  Leave here tomorrow around 10 am w/Mr. Lee and Kelly driving me to Busan airport.  20 or so hours later, it'll still be Wednesday and I expect to see my son waiting for me.  I'm going to let the trespasser in my house keep hiding from the police, and head over to Tom & Marji's house in Spanish Fork.  Hoping another brother, Mark is on the mend--something went amuck.  They thought it was a stroke, but now they're
not sure exactly what it is.  In the hospital right now.  
Tomorrow I "wake up" from Oz.  Like Dorothy, good and bad will be waiting, along with a family that I love!  Unlike Dorothy, I have chocolate bars, gifts and notes like this (unedited) 
to remind me where I've been.  
I love Julie too...and...Don't be surprised if I keep weaving Korea into my future blogs.  
Took too many photos, made too many memories not to!
That's it for now, from Sacheon, South Korea.  
I'm packing my camera and my next blog will be from Utah.

2 comments: