Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kids and Lilies

Meet Jim, Joe and Bob (their English names for class). These 3 boys make me laugh out loud and remind me of how fun little guys are!! We were playing a game where in they take an eraser shaped like an egg in chopsticks and try to toss it into my bright green waste basket. This is an improvisation on the ever popular game of basketball, and the kids love it; I'm happy to say!
They have 2 chances of earning points: A.) get the answer right for the English sentence they pick up to complete and B.) hold onto it with chopsticks and get that bouncy egg into the basket. The noise levels in the room get pretty high, but all of the kids are willing to read aloud with this incentive! These three boys are among my favorites. I turned around and caught Jim and Joe making silly noises and faces with their tongues, grabbed my camera and they stopped looking worried about their behavior. Since the new teacher, (that would be me) got such a kick out of it, I was able to get a repeat performance that included Bob! Now, the girls can be just as silly, but capturing them on film is nigh unto impossible so far!
But, I did get real smiles out of Sunny (the one making the peace-out sign) and her BFF. Sunny is that little girl next door that everyone, I mean EVERYONE, adores. Her name suits her and she's definitely among my favs!
There are more, but this will have to do for now. Also, a friend from Maryland, who happens to be wrapping up a 2 year stint of teaching nearby, took me on a long, LONG walk yesterday to check out the English library (where I'm not allowed to check out books because I don't have the right job!!). On the way back, though, she took me through the lotus pool, with its wooden walkways over the water and huge leaves. It took my breath away!!
Seriously, I've never seen leaves that size and I've only spotted the pods in craft stores before!

3 comments:

  1. You must be having a blast! We miss you and I'm sort of coveting your adventure, but your kids look fabulous! Those are enormous leaves. If you ever get cold, you could use one for a blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, thanks!! But I'm also certain that YOU will be more of a world traveller than I've ever been after your little "angels" have flown the coop! It's always amazing to me that for whatever phase of life we're in, there's something we miss and/or long for in a different phase...I'm no exception. I miss when my dear kiddo was short and pudgy with a high pitched voice, even tho I'm excessively proud of him as a man! Am very happy to be here and keeping very, very busy, but struggle with homesickness (which annoys me). Sigh. So it goes in this realm of existence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me Jack~
    Wow, I checked an E-mail from you just before. I didn't think you have a blog though you have a web page for artwork.
    How was your thanksgiving in Korea? I hope you had a great time during it.
    I'm also wondering about your painting for the classroom. We can talk about it later anyway.

    ReplyDelete