Sunday, October 14, 2012

Busan

My only exposure to big cities in Korea has been in the airports of Seoul and Busan. So, yesterday, my friend Erin, who's returning to Baltimore, MD after living here 2 years, took me to Busan.
We had a blast! We tried new foods and shopped in the open markets
(I found some smokin' deals later that evening), visited the Lotte Building, where we saw the water and lights show, roof top views of the city and port,
beaches, and stopped at the children's park. While the kids ran around and tried to pet and feed the rabbits and pigs, their parents, and I, were transfixed by the children!
Most of the children through out the day were laughing and having a grand time, so the ones who pouted and the few who through fits were fun to watch, actually. There was one little girl on the subway who enchanted everyone. She had on one of those body "harnesses," and for good reason. All over the place, she bowed, waved, chattered and smiled during the whole ride, spreading cheer like a modern, Korean Shirley Temple! One Mom handed her a banana and she had a captive audience. Between her perpetual motion and the lurching of the train, I had a hard time getting a decent shot, but her she is, happy with her new banana and bowing to my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment